Seamless floors are inherently cleaner as there are no joints and cracks to trap dirt and bacteria. For added assurance, how do you maintain the high performance benefits of a seamless epoxy floor and meet stringent hygiene and sanitary requirements?
An anti-microbial floor or wall system has added formulations to help block microorganisms, such as growth of bacteria, fungi and mold. An anti-microbial additive inhibits microbial and fungal growth attack, acting as a permanent bacteriostat and fungistat against a broad range of bacteria and fungi. When added, it becomes a part of the floor and will not lose its properties over time or with cleaning.
Some industries require anti-microbial floors and walls as part of stringent efforts to control harmful bacteria within their environment. The healthcare and food and beverage industries are prime examples of where anti-microbial floors and walls are valued, however they are useful in any environment where improved hygiene is considered an advantage.
- Benefits of Anti-Microbial Floors & Walls:
- Inhibiting microbial growth as part of an organizations’ hygiene program
- Increasing protection against harmful bacterial where patients and staff are present
- Promoting clean and sanitary conditions in areas where food and beverage products are being produced
- Building a reputation as an organization that takes action against contaminants
- Easy installation and permanence within the floors and walls. Performance is not lost due to washing or over time
- Toxicologically safe
Stonhard floors and walls can be installed with an anti-microbial, organic thione compound that acts as a permanent bacteriostat and fungistat against a broad range of bacteria and fungi. The active ingredient is EPA-registered and contains no heavy metals. An anti-microbial additive will not constrain your installation options.
Contact us today and we will help you select the right product for your environment, with the look you desire. Visit our website.